Saturday 3 January 2009

Happy New Year and Welcome to Eastlands soccer Academy Blogsite!

Hi All!

Welcome to my new blog on the soccer academy that I support and help run in Nairobi, Kenya.

The academy has been up and running since 2007/08 following my visit to Kenya in 2006, during whence I had the privilage to watch a match during a tournament hosted and run by my brother Leonard Otieno.

I was impressed by the level skills and committment. Most of the players were too poor to afford soccer boots, shin guards or socks - things that children and players in the developed world take for granted!

I have since managed to get donations from my local football club (Southgate Adelaide FC) in North London, in the form of used footballs, playing kit and training gear - which I had the pleasure to present to the team during my last visit to Nairobi last summer (August 2008).

The donations were so greatly appreciated and well received, that I have made more plans to send some more next summer!

Please feel free to read through my blog and offer any help and assisstance that you may have.

Many thanks and happy blogging.

Peter Omondi.

No comments:

Post a Comment